Freezer Paper Stencil Shirt


I'm so excited that one of my FAVORITE blogs I Am Momma Hear Me Roar
Is having a Boys T-shirt Contest!!



I Am Momma Hear Me Roar 
This contest gave me the perfect opportunity to create a shirt for my son
and she even provides the perfect tutorial for freezer paper stenciling 
Just what I needed since I don't own a sewing machine or one of those fancy Cricut or Silhouette machines.....YET
 I must be living in a cave because I have NEVER seen this done......I watched her great video and had no problem creating the cutest shirt!


 I used a .50 cent thrift store shirt, freezer paper, iron, fabric paint, craft knife, printed image from internet, burlap and wonder under.


I printed off my words and placed it under the freezer paper.
I used a craft knife to cut out the words.
I didn't have any navy so I mixed black and blue together 
to get the perfect navy that matched the collar of the shirt.
Ironed the freezer paper shiny side down and painted the words.


Next I cut out a Dino image out of burlap and Wonder-Under.
(Wonder-Under is an adhesive web that turns any fabric into a fusible fabric.
I purchased it at Wal-Mart for $2 a yard.)


I ironed on the burlap Dino applique and painted a few dots.
Then I used the same freezer paper technique to cut out 
the rest of the words and painted.
 
And I know the perfect BIG BOY-a-saurus for this shirt.....
if I only could get a good picture of him:-)



Check out all the places I party!



14 comments:

Natalia Lynn said...

This is great, I don't have a sewing machine either, but love to create! And you're son is adorable, I am sure you get that a lot!

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

Awesome job!! It looks great!

Jenn@
Builditsewitloveit.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

When I saw this at I Am Momma's link party I laughed out loud - this is so cute!

Veronika said...

So cute!

Lei said...

Oh. so. cute. I haven't bought a fancy machine yet either. I need to!

Kris @ everywhereorange.com said...

very cute shirt!!! i saw you at IAM-HMR!!

Howsewears said...

Girlfriend, you SO need a personal electronic cutter (that somehow just sounds wrong). It would make this process SO easy!
Fondly, Tami
www.thisandthatfromtami.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great shirt! Your boy looks adorable.

Sommer said...

Oh gosh how cute! Thanks so much for linking up! Hope to see you again next Friday =)

Unknown said...

just adorable. I LOVE IT!!! great job, and thanks for linking this cuteness. winks-jen

Megan said...

so cute and the burlap dinosaur is a nice touch...adds some texture.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

It looks wonderful!

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

So cute! Your little guy is very cute too! My oldest would love a dino shirt I will keep this in mind! I want to invite you over to my blog for a linky party, this would be great on it!
Crystal

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

Soooo cute!!!!!
I'd love if you linked up over at the glitter party!
http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/03/weekly-tues-thurs-link-party.html

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips