A Father's Day Keychain Kid's Project





Happy Father's Day!

This is a FUN project for kids~!
You can see my stamp tutorial post HERE

My outdoor stamping station.
Since my last tutorial, I bought an anvil and a NEW
'prettier font' stamp set from.....
Stop by and check out their site....it has some GREAT online classes, stamp sets, and tons of design ideas

I made up a few to give the kids some ideas
I love you
dad
#1 dad

world's best dad

I got a list of names so I could stamp before hand about 40 or so names took me about an hour.
 So 'dad' was on one side with the child's name on the back
I left the names uncolored so the kids could choose
what color they wanted to use
 
Then I stamped a bunch of toppers
i love, world's best, #1, and we love
for more choices.

So once the kids found the stamp with their name, picked a topper, a color, then they could decide to make a keychain or a hanger for a rearview mirror or office for DAD~~
Kids LOVE choices and making a gift for DAD!

You can find a bag of keychains at most dollar stores or Wal-mart.

Or twine and beads at the same places

Pick a color, any color:-)

Rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer
both work well for wiping off the excess ink




Wrap in tissue paper and ribbon and
watch Dad's face light up on Father's Day!


~Please check out all the wonderful Blogs I link up at in my left side bar and find even MORE great ideas~


26 comments:

Erin W said...

These are WONDERFUL!

Jerri-Lea said...

Those look great! How do you get your letters to come out so clear? I always move a little and my letters never come out clean and nice like yours!

Kenzie said...

So cute! Love them!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Wow! Love them!! I have really been wanting to do this "washer" thing! You did a fabulous job!!

Ginger said...

These are awesome! I featured you tonight so check out your feature at the link below:

http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2010/06/fathers-day-is-coming-up.html

Feel free to snag my feature button! Hope to "see" you soon!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Those are awesome!
A friday's favorite... come on by the linky party :-)

Tonia said...

Great idea! I might have to do this for my hubby for father's day. I know I'm running out of time.
Thanks for linking up to What the Cr@ft!?

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

impressive project execution!

do please link it up &
thank you for this excellent tutorial:
http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-tutorial-linky-party/

Michell @ Girl In Air said...

Thank you ALL for the wonderful comments!! I must say that my NEW stamp set was worth every penny!! Because it makes the letter sink like butter into whatever you are stamping with ONE hit....that's the trick to prevent skipping and mistakes is very few hits:) Good Luck everyone with your projects:)

Marissa said...

what a great father's day gift idea...glad I found your blog :)

chris said...

Such a great idea. I need to find a letter press set!

Closet Crafter said...

Those are so cute! I like how you stacked two washers. Thanks for sharing:)

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Love this! What a perfect gift! Fantastic idea - super cute! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

what a fun project for the kids, I love the way they turned out....perfect for father's day gift.

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Those are wonderful. Great idea about giving the kids choices, but keeping the stamping in your hands.

Newest follower - Kimberlee, from www.TheSpunkyDiva.blogspot.com

Life in Rehab said...

Okay, I've been resisting this whole stamped washer thing, but you just put me over the edge. I just ordered mine. Thanks for inspiring!

Unknown said...

Wow!! I have GOT to get a set of those stamps. That is so cool!! Now following you from MBC, you can find me at http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com
:)

Rhiannon said...

i got me a set too so that i could make gifts, what kind of washers do you use? where do you find them?

abc baby said...

where did you get your stamps?? i love the font !!!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! Your project had the most clicks in the "Man-stravaganza: crafts for guys" linky party! You can read the post & see your craft and blog featured here:
http://www.crafttestdummies.com/craft-news/giveaway-winners/winner-of-man-stravaganza-link-up-prize/
Yay! Hope you play in the Patriotic Crafts Linky party, too! -Jenny

Anonymous said...

I love the whole stamped washer "stuff" floating around blog land but I'm like everyone else. I cannot get mine to make a good "stamp". I usually have to hit it several times and it moves and then I get frustrated. I may have to invest in a different set.....going to check out your link.
Love these for DAD!

Anonymous said...

What size are the stamps you used?

Waseem said...

like the idea...like the letter how cleat it came out..beautifully done.

Send Gift To Pakistan From Australia
Send Gift To Pakistan From Australia
Send Gift To Pakistan From Australia

Anonymous said...

These are so sweet and still totally manly! I'll definitely be making (a least) a set of these this holiday season!

http://www.thesitsgirls.com/get-paid-blogging

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great idea! Where did you buy the keychains from? I went to Walmart but couldn't find any. :( Please help!

Kami H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips