How to make a Chicken Costume!

The CUTEST little Chicken ever!!! 

This costume cost about $15 and took half a day to make......
  All you need:
Old Hoodie
 4 Feather Boa's
 2 Rubber Gloves
Yellow tights
Chicken Head 
Last year I found a dog chicken costume at a thrift store for $1! First I cut the head, wings and tail from the dog costume and
stitched them on the hoodie......
I think the costume would be cute without the chicken head OR
you could use felt to make a head or tail:=) 
I suppose you could glue the feathers
but I hand stitched the boa's on the hoodie
You can find  feather boa's at dollar stores, Wal-mart toy department
or any craft store....
{I bought 4 from Hobby Lobby 1/2 price in their Christmas section }

I purchased yellow rubber cleaning gloves at Wal-mart  2 for $1
Stuff the fingers with some polyfil or cotton.
Insert shoe palm side down and pull tight so fingers arch up to provide tripping
Cut a slit from the tongue to heel 
Then fold and hot glue the glove closed
Perfect little chicken legs and feet!! 
I glued some loose feathers around the glove opening..... 
Can't find yellow tights?? Try dying white tights with Rit's yellow dye!



Have a Happy Halloween Everyone!! 
Check out all the places I party!

19 comments:

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

That is just adorable!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures made me giggle out loud :) SO CUTE.
-Kristine

Karie @ The HoB said...

Great costume!! The pictures of your little one are just adorable!

All That Glitters said...

THat is just the cutest chicken I have ever seen!!!

Andrea . Charcoal and Crayons said...

Oh my goodness - so adorable! I love those chicken feet... and your little guy is absolutely precious!

Karima said...

What a great costume! I too love making my own costumes for the kids - it makes them so unique! Your newest gfc follower, Karima
www.karimascrafts.com

Nelly said...

as a costume collector and maker I have to say this is AWESOME!!!

Lauren said...

This is so cute, I cant help but laugh at how adorable! Stopping by way of a linky party.

Donna said...

Eggs-cellent!

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh Michell! Rains is just fabulously adorable! I want to SQUEEZE him. You are so clever and talented. I called my whole family over so we could see him. lol Love it!

Heather

Good Time Charlie said...

This is so clever and so absolutely adorable. I wish my kids were little again so I could put them in this costume! Love your blog, newest follower. -K

Jen said...

The most adorable chicken ever!

Roeshel said...

Michell!

I made nearly the exact same costume for my niece this year! I think I posted about it Friday! Too funny! Adorable!

And I love the sneak peek of your painted floor! I can't wait to see the reveal! Knowing you, it's going to be gorgeous!

Great DIY minds think alike! lol I don't mind. I think you're a DIY genius! ;)

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh my gosh, that's amazing! I love the feet idea, classic. Great job!

Mindie Hilton said...

Oh my, how cute, I think the feet are my favorite part. If you ever want another place to link up and share your ideas, come join my weekly linky, fri-monday anything goes. I also have an ongoing Fall linky on my right side bar you can find the button. I have been following you for a long time with GFC, you do great work.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

Life With Lucy said...

I can't get over how stinkin adorable this is. I mean, seriously SO creative and cute. and I'm pretty sure you couldn't put a cuter little one in it either. precious. thanks so much for sharing!

Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

Michell- this could be THE cutest chicken I have ever seen! ;) Will you come link up with my very first linky? It's all about Halloween http://www.fairlyfabulousblog.com/2011/10/halloween-doors-and-my-first-link-up.html

Alyson @Vintage Sunshine said...

Oh my! That is adorable and so easy! What a sweet little chicken!

KatieBug said...

Oh my goodness! That's about the cutest thing I've seen in awhile! How very clever.

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips