The Day We Had a Gas Problem


I want to Thank the Casper Fire Department for saving my life....Man that was a close call..(if a woman can really die of exposure from her husband's methane gas.)

I had a busy day so I didn't even cook dinner, so no need for the smoke alarm to be going off if I'm not in the kitchen right????

It sounded off about 6pm. While I STOP DROPPED AND ROLLED, my wonderful amazing husband went to beat the alarm for about 5 minutes til it stopped..He's my HERO..



About 1/2 hr later it starts going off again. So this time I get a chair and join my husband in beating the smoke alarm or disconnecting the thing....

Well much to our amazement it WASN'T the smoke detector but the Carbon Monoxide detector....beeping with the big red letters GAS....

At first I didn't know what to do...Go get in the bathtub surrounded with pillows? No that's tornado....GAS GAS GAS...Yes open all the windows and doors!!!! GET OUT!!Call 911!!!!


I've never called 911 before although several times in my lonely single days I was really tempted too.

Well that poor operator because I'm a rambler and tell a whole long story before I actually get to the point....but she was amazing and calmed me right down and sent 4 of the best looking firemen I think the department has( not better looking than my husband of coarse) And even in a bright NEW shiny fire truck ( great wash job guys)



They went around my house with their little meter or BIG meter ( in case their insulted I called their meter little) It's really not the size of the meter that counts...

It didn't pick up any signs of carbon monoxide or gas....Well while the men were discussing the problem, I run in all excited with my solution to the problem..."I think WHAT my husband had for dinner set off the meter"!!!!!



Hey it could happen!!!! Well they never did put that meter down my husband pants to check out my theory..Oh Well....

Thank you again to the Casper Fire Department for saving my life......I hope I never need you again

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Hi I'm one of yaya's visitor and thought I'd pop in and say hi. She posted about you and I just wanted to welcome you the blogland. Have a great week and fun time blogging.

YayaOrchid said...

Hey, Michelle. Just really glad everything turned out ok and no one was hurt. See you're already a pro posting pictures and all. It took me a while to learn the picture posting process. Glad it's working out. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Did you actually take all those pics of the fire truck??? Or are they copies?? You know our carbon monixide alarm went off 2 weeks ago and there was a bad smell but we didnt call the fire department. I was all freaked out though telling Hakim we needed to call them.....Nicole

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips