A Cow Costume

My little Cow!
This is my son Rains...he is 14 months old....
and he is the cutest cow I've ever seen~!


I had soooo much FUN making this little costume for him...
Here's what I used:
1 1/2 yards of white fur
black fabric paint
pink and white felt
ribbon
cow bell
pattern

Sure....I could have spend $10 at Wal-mart and bought a cow costume...but what FUN is that....
Nothing beats Handmade!
I just couldn't find any cow print that I liked...so I painted my own!
Plus it's cold here and I needed fabric that would keep my boy warm on his search for CANDY!
I cut out my pattern pieces after the painted dried.
I only used the 2 body pieces, 2 sleeves and 3 hood pieces.
I don't have a sewing machine so I just whipped stitched everything together on our 6 hour road trip to Denver.
Fur is very forgiving and I didn't have to hem or fussed to much with the little details of the pattern.
Add a cow bell on some ribbon......
2 white felt horns and a braided yarn cow tail....
and you get the cutest COW ever!

Photobucket
~Please check my sidebar for all the wonderful places I link up and MORE great ideas.~

14 comments:

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Moo! (Sorry just had to do it! LOL) He is so stinkin' cute in that outfit! Love it!

Debby said...

He is adorable in that cute costume. When he is standing it even looks cuter.

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

So cute! He is adorable.

Submit it in my Handmade Halloween Contest - starts now!

Susan,
http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
Party and Entertaining Inspiration

Emily @ LaForce Be With You said...

That is such a cute costume! great job!

Lisa said...

Too cute! He is so adorable!

Life in Rehab said...

I could just eat him, he's so cute! Great job, Mom!

My kids are in their late teens and they still brag about how they never had a store bought costume. You're just underscoring your love there.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Oh, how cute--way to go mom! Thanks for linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence's Under $100 Party.

Stephani said...

Love cows!! What a great idea! Thanks for linking up to Crafty Friday.

Pootle said...

Awwww he is sooo cute!! Love it!!! x

Ashlee Marie said...

CUTE! What a doll, and what a fun costume too! Thanks for Linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

Rebecca said...

Super Cute! I love it!

Unknown said...

That is SO CUTE! The boy and the costume. :D

618mom said...

Sending love from Walking in Toddler WOdnerland!

Wasmod said...

I had soooo much FUN making this little costume for him. ... cowcostume.blogspot.com

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips