Stenciled Lamp Shade

102
I found these old lamps at a thrift store for $8!
004
I love that they had burlap shades…..
I KNEW that I wanted to stencil them as soon as I seen them.
My living as no lighting so lots are lamps are needed.
I thought these 2 would be perfect on my piano!
012
I printed off 2 images {found on google} the size of each lamp shape.
017
I placed my image on a healing mat and taped a piece of
freezer paper over it and used an x-acto knife to cut out my image.
019
See how easy?
Now with shiny side down….
020
Iron on a warm setting….
I really made sure the edges were sealed to prevent seepage
021
I used some craft paint and a couple drops of fabric medium for painting on fabric and dapped on the black paint mixture.
022
After the paint is applied just peel off the stencil.
024
and there ya have it!
Less than a 1/2 hour and you have a
NEW lamp shade for very little money!
For me this was a FREE project because I had everything on handSmile
010
I first painted the base a yellow….
041
I Loved them…..but after I
 Re-Purposed my Piano..
I thought the lamps needed a POP of color!
002
PURPLE!!
028

 I definently have a funky conversation piece in my living room!
But for now I’m loving it AllSmile 

Check out all the places I party!

6 comments:

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

HOLD UP - ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?! I have been going through my followers to invite them to enter a give-away on my blog. Girl In Air is one of them?! Wow, my mind has been officially blown. I'm such a big fan of your amazing projects. Thank you for making my month by becoming a follower of mine. I've arrived! :D Anyhoo, please pop over if you'd like to enter to win a beautiful clock. Good luck & thank you for reading. {Still can't stop smiling!}

Warmly, Michelle

amy and jesse hudson said...

Michelle,
This is so great! That end product is amazing! I would LOVE for you to come over and link this up at my first link party coming up this FRIDAY called "Drab to Fab". This would be perfect! Here's my url, come on over any time, but especially on Friday I hope!
www.amynjesse.com.

Holly Lefevre said...

Definitely a conversation piece. Love how perfect they look on he piano!

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating said...

So fun! I love how you did the stencil. I've never tried that technique, but now I want to find something to put a big 'ole stenciled design on! Thanks for sharing!

Abbie said...

Funky conversation piece, indeed!

Love how you embrace all your fun colors. And great job on the stenciling too!

Well done!


I would be thrilled if you would link this up at my second ever Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL...going on right now (we had almost 300 links last week...can you tell I'm excited??! : ))

http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2012/01/feature-friday-free-for-all-2.html

Would love to have you by for a visit

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Those are awesome lamps! Everyone's dream to find while thrifting! I love piano things! Great job on the shades.

Thanks for linking up to Tell it to Me Tuesday!

--Katie
Creatively Living

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips