How to make a FLAG

050
I am adding some décor to my son’s room and thought it needed a flag!
image
We received a flag as a house warming present for our 1st home
and I have always wanted to recreate it.
031
I bought a bundle of stakes at my home improvement store for around $5. Everything else, nails, hammer, saw , paint and stencil I had on hand.
It’s very hard for me to watch a movie and do nothing else…
like facebook, blog, crochet or make something.
Soooo I made this little flag right at my coffee table while I watched a movieSmile
032 033
I laid out 2 stakes for the backside and lined up stakes for my flag.
I ended up using 10 stakes. Two for the backside and 8 for the front.
I could have made 2 flags with this bundle of stakes.
035
I then hammer nails in each stake to the backside stake.
036
All secure….
039
I painted the upper left corner Blue.
043
Then I painted every other stake Red and White.
045
I used a Hobby Lobby star stencil and painted some stars.
038
Next, I used a saw to cut the ends off the backside stakes.
046
And there you have it
A FLAG!
047 048
To hang my flag…I simply made 2 holes with a nail and pulled some wire through the holes.
008
My son’s room is almost done!
You can see how to make the
Dino Art~
Xylophone Art~
and Toddler Bed~
by clicking on each.
Check out all the places I party!

3 comments:

Mike and Wendy said...

I love flags! What a simple project. I also love the pencil. I pinned that one!
Anyway, sorry to bother you on your blog, but I wanted to check and see if you got your stick family and what you thought about it. If for some crazy reason you haven't received it yet, you can see a picture of it on my craft blog. It's 3lilpgs.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So cute! Love this idea!

Holly Lefevre said...

I love anything with flags. I am getting ready to make one out of a pallet (for outdoors)...but love this idea. It looks amazing (not surprised you are always amazing!)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips